FITS AND STARTS

Friday, October 28, 2005

When did language become a barrier?

On my way home from school today I stopped at Starbucks to ta pow coffee home for myself, Lil and Chun How. This is what ensued:

Xian (X): One tall gingerbread latte, please.
Barista (B): Thaat wil bee two forteh nain pliss.
X: Oh, there's more actually.
B: Waat? Yoo want small saiz?
X: No, I meant to say that I'm not yet done with my order.
B: Yez, thaat wil bee all?
X: No no, there's more!
B: Yoo mean yoo want wan more gingerbread latte?
X: No, can I get a tall eggnog latte this time?
B: Hokay, so wan tall eggnog latte den? Thaat wil bee two forteh nain pliss.
X: No! I want a gingerbread latte as well.
B: Waat? I don understand yoo!

Watta headache.

3 Comments:

  • What world were you in with this barista anyway? Madness..

    Carpet cleaner the spammer. Beware, you'll get more of these

    By Blogger dania, At 3:27 PM  

  • looks like you have a steady group of people commenting on your blog.... =)

    where's the barista from anyway? shouldn't put him for customer service...just make the coffee and say nothing...hehe

    By Blogger hooi, At 8:14 AM  

  • Heh heh. Well looks like my blog gets comments from the random reader! *beams proudly*

    No idea where the barista's from. Either Scandinavia or one of em. Hooray for Malaysians. Hari Raya's coming soon btw!

    By Blogger Xian, At 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home