FITS AND STARTS

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Daylight savings off

I'm not sure whether to say the clocks have gone forward or backward but put simply, my watches are all wound one hour back. 3 years in England and I still don't understand the purpose of daylight savings. Someone told me it was so that the farmers had one extra hour to work in the fields.

The other day Lil and Eugene were showing off their dictionaries of cheesy pick-up lines. Stuff like "If I could rearrange the alphabet I would put U and I together" and "If you were a tear in my eye I would never cry for fear of losing you". Sigh. Can you believe the friends I have? I personally prefer Yo Mama lines. Here's one I got off www.jokes.com - Yo mama so short she jumped off a curb to commit suicide! Okay okay, so they're offensive, but you've gotta admit they're funny too.

I watched Domino earlier tonight with Lil, Azlan and Suan. It was slightly draggy at times, but interesting on the whole. It took me awhile to grasp the concept of a bounty hunter though. Ooh and you get to see Keira Knightley's tetek here. She seems to like showing off her assets in her movies. Even in The Jacket you could get a clear view of them. Okay so maybe she didn't do the same in Pirates of the Caribbean, but I suppose she only covered them for the sake of the many kids watching the movie.

Btw, if you are free, do check out A Borderline Mixtape's website on myspace. You can see the link on the right hand side of this page. A Borderline Mixtape is the band that Azlan's in, together with Hiro and Izzhar. They play some pretty good shit, like pop-emo-rock-but-not-too-heavy. Their material's self-penned too. And I personally like their music. So what are you waiting for? GET CLICKING ON THE LINK NOW! When they become famous, you'll regret not recognising their talent sooner.

It's my "last" day at school tomorrow. I'm off on Thursday and Friday and next week's Reading Week. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home