FITS AND STARTS

Monday, March 05, 2007

Missed

Oh My Goodness. I deserve to be shot because I totally forgot Dian's birthday. I hope you are reading this post my friend. Because as much as I might have missed out on the celebrations, you are still a Very Important Person to me :D

For those of you who don't know, Dian is Someone I have known since sec school. She was one of the few people I met on my first day at school. Everyone else didn't notice I had come in 2 weeks into the academic calendar and was sitting at a rickety junk of a desk at the back of the class. Can you believe no one noticed this big mouthed shorty? Maybe they couldn't differentiate between me and June, another big mouthed shorty. Anyway. We weren't fantastically tight, although we were in the same gang from Form 1-3. It's probably cos we were too busy printing out pictures and cutting out newspaper articles of our Italian husbands, Simone Inzaghi and Alessandro Nesta. Then in Form 4 we split ways. She decided to go Artsy and I decided to go Fartsy. Huhuhu. I mean Sciency. It wasn't till I left for the UK that we starting developing a closer friendship. Strangely enough, it was her I always saw during the holidays. Fastforward to today. Dian is my mamak partner (as Ming Foong is my duck rice partner, and Teresa is my driver). She is my SMS-at-random-hours buddy. We rarely talk football these days, but instead have moved on to shopping, food, her numerous car accidents and her MAS pilot, and other random girly things. Dian seems to think she's this muddled up clumsy goon of a person with a split personality; in fact she is nothing but a fuzzy lovable old woman who is trying to find her real place in this world, just like the rest of us :) So stop thinking you're the only idiot around ok!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLDIE.

The little ewok

Who grew into a bigger ewok

And is still an ewok

Just check out that ewok in the middle

Some things just never change

P/S >> Teresa, please don't complain that I only ever do things for Dian and not you e.g. this nice long birthday dedication. I didn't miss your birthday right?!

3 Comments:

  • smart woman.. I was just about to complaint..the fact that you missed her birthday.. but anyhow i'd say u managed to pull yourself out of the situation by dedicating this post to her. so it's alrite.. but i'm STILL waiting for my invisible cow socks n slippers.. i wonder whether they ever exist in the 1st place?

    By Blogger toi toi, At 4:06 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger The Wanderer, At 2:14 PM  

  • *BANG!*

    *BANG!*











    *BANG!**BANG!**BANG!**BANG!*


    There I've shot you. I'm done.

    Well atleast you've reclaimed yourself with the best post. Oh and get what? This is the funniest/saddest story. Amily just called (actually I'm on the phone with her now) to ask me about Aida's engagement on and on and on.. 30 (40?50?) minutes later she just realised that 26th February was last week.

    Wonderful isn't it? Getting a long distance phone call from you people, but for different reasons instead.

    I tell you, you people are champions lah. Blah.

    Ewok looked sooooo cute :)

    By Blogger dania, At 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home