FITS AND STARTS

Monday, January 22, 2007

Winter warmers

I have a confession to make. Today, I contributed to the unlawful skinning of a protected animal.


This beautiful creature courageously sacrificed its life to give me...



Okay, is that a grammatical error there? I guess I could've said "THESE slippers" cos "THIS slippers" is obviously incorrect. But I meant to say THIS pair of slippers so I'm not wrong after all. Hah. (Please. Mine grammar are faultyless. A1.)

Also, before you get our your M21s and shoot me for my evil deed, let's clear things up first. In this Lion King-type circle of life, every creature is useful to another. A leopard is born with fur so that it can give others its fur. This is because leopards are boring to look at, so the best way for man to appreciate them is to take the skin off their backs and use it to make coats, slippers, rugs, and other miscellaneous what have yous.

This is the best part. I'm sure all of you are already vomiting blood and are honestly wishing you owned M21s so I'll stop this bs now. I WAS JUST KIDDING. Yes yes, even about the principle of being useful to one another and the circle of life rubbish. I don't subscribe to that chutzpah. It's plain cruel to kill big cats for their hides. There aren't many of them left you know.

How would you like it if there were only 3000 humans left on an Earth ruled by Oompa Loompas and every day we had to live in fear and constantly hide from them otherwise we'd be killed for our hair with which they use to make skirts?!

Heave a sigh of relief people. My slippers are made of FAUX FUR.

I bought two pairs actually, since they were on sale :)


The leopard effect...


And the cow effect!

They were 4 quid each, which is a pound cheaper than the slippers I bought from Clarks two years ago (currently the property of my mum). Aren't they cute? They're really soft and warm and they are PERFECT for padding around on the cold wood floor of my flat. Cold feet, begone!

6 Comments:

  • Haha! cruella de vil in the making i see...

    i have cow slippers too :P

    nope, no fauz fur or cow prints, its a just cow face.

    By Blogger mee siam, At 1:08 AM  

  • EVEEEELLLLLLLLLLL...

    It won't be a surprise if you actually flaunt your real fur to everyone tho.

    Tsk tsk.

    4 quid? They look cute! Do they have sheep slippers instead?

    By Blogger dania, At 2:08 AM  

  • Just a cow face? Wah so cute! I can imagine it peeking out from the hem of your pants.

    And Dian, no sheep slippers, sorry! Sheep aren't in YET. Maybe next season :D

    By Blogger Xian, At 11:28 PM  

  • ehh.. you donkey.. and who is the one lecturing phing about her kangaroo skin pencilbox?? iskk..sham on you.. jk.. anyways the pls say that you got me the cow slippers? pls pls pls..

    By Blogger toi toi, At 5:07 PM  

  • Wah I couldn't even remember the kangaroo incident until you brought it up! :p Anyway the cow slippers only come in UK 3-4 which is size 36 in European terms. You can fit meh??? If not, feel free to envy mine *evil laugh*

    By Blogger Xian, At 3:34 AM  

  • argghh.. oh well.. nvm i understand that those slippers are only for midgets size feets like someone i know..@_@.. I shall settle with the very long awaited since-i-started-my-degree-and-now-soon-to-be-graduating <---- this long moo moo socks and panties. =P

    By Blogger toi toi, At 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home