FITS AND STARTS

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Almost very nearly quite there

Am midway through the exams now. Property was alright, although I was kinda strained for time. I am terribly worried about the outcome of my Jurisprudence paper... it was shite. Only Public and Criminal are left now.

My flight home stands on 7 June at the moment. It's subject to change though. The only reason why I'm sticking around (exams finish on 16 May) is because I have to wait till Zuhi, Lil and CH are done with their exams. We're gonna rent a car for a day to move our stuff into storage. The first time we rented a car in London, the five of us (Lil, June, Eugene, CH and I) drove to Brighton (well okay, only the boys took turns at the wheel) at night. Needless to say, the place was dead so we ended up bumming around in a cafe. June and I got into a bit of a misunderstanding over my "disappearing act" when I left them in the cafe, sans mobile phones, to get a breath of fresh air by the beach front across the road. By the time we were ready to leave, everyone was tired and irritable. Eugene was stuck with the job of peacemaker and his renditions of "Part of Your World" eased the tension a little, nyeheheheh.

I took part in a £10 poker tournament last Friday. To all of yous who think all I do in London is eat, sleep, drink coffee and play poker... I'd like to say that my poker lifestyle isn't as extravagant as some of my counterparts. Besides, this was my first time in a tournament, and it's probably the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th outing for the others. Anyway, I came out 15th amongst 60 players. Azlan and Eugene were 7th and 8th respectively. At least I outlasted Lil and CH. Ho ho ho. Am patiently waiting for this week's tournament :p

2 Comments:

  • hey, all the best for your last paper

    By Blogger hooi, At 5:22 PM  

  • Ah the gambler in you..

    Chillout..summer's coming and it's gonna be all fun and crazy.

    By Blogger dania, At 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home