FITS AND STARTS

Friday, August 04, 2006

You're Just Jealous

I was out with Dian last Saturday. There's something about hanging out with your friends in a different country. It's a nice feeling.

We had ice cream at Haegen Dazs in Leicester Square first. This is one of the few times I've managed to get into Haegen Dazs without having to queue outside. Didi had some oober chocolatey creation called Chocoholic (blatant self promotion there) and I had the Melon Delight, which was melon ice cream blended with crushed ice and pineapple juice. I'm not huge on pineapple juice but I think the melon ice cream toned down the acidity a notch and made the drink quite enjoyable, especially on a hot hot day.

We walked around Covent Garden after that. Went to the necessary MNG, Nine West, Covent Garden market, David & Goliath, stuff like that. Di said she wasn't interested in buying anything. Then she changed her mind and said she was actually looking for a black leather handbag. Okay. Nine West didn't have anything so we went to Fossil. Found a black hobo with perforated embroidery to Di's liking. NOT LEATHER, but suede. She couldn't decide whether or not to get it simply because she'd already racked up a huge bill on her earlier shopping. We left the store, walked around and then came back as soon as she'd decided to buy it. Ironically enough, HER CREDIT CARD WASN'T ACCEPTED. So we left the store with me trying to console her that it probably wasn't meant to be. Had coffee in Rendezvous, talked much, then I said I wanted to go back to Covent Garden because I had to go to Urban Outfitters to buy this maha cute piggy bank to support my "Save Money" scheme. And however shallow it seems, we took that as a sign :p We skipped off to the ATM where Di happily withdrew cash (oh and also because she'd miscalculated her finances and she actually had more savings than she realised) for her bag to be.

That is the story of how the search for a black leather handbag ended with a black suede one instead, looking far from what any of us had in mind from the start.

The next day, I went to Tooting to send her and Nads off. She showed me another bag from UCB which she bought in KL. It looked similar to the Fossil one purchased just the day before, in terms of shape, size and colour. The Fossil bag which she took hours mulling over because of the possibility of an increment in her debts; pondering over whether it was worth adding to her collection. Sigh. Girls, I tell you. Huhuhuhu.


The bag from Fossil...


The UCB hobo on the right, but Di's is completely black...

So when will Dian get her black leather handbag? Perhaps on our next shopping escapade... keep tuned for updates!

Nad, Zuhi and Eugene joined us later in the evening. We went to Spaghetti House for dinner, then it was back to Rendezvous again for milkshakes, coffee and pictures :D






You can see Nad's yummy yummy strawberry milkshake in the picture with gooey chocolate sauce at the bottom of the glass. Omg which reminds me >> DIAN! I still owe you 10 pounds!

Phew. This is probably the most I've blogged in a day. I'm tired now. Eugene is sitting next to me and he's behaving like a retard. Must get something to eat...

1 Comments:

  • a darn good thing it was worth wasting my money for. You know me and my whole "one and only" thing..so..I don't see anyone having any of it here. Haha, I know, corny.

    Ah well..where have you been woman?!

    This post makes me miss hanging out with you people

    By Blogger dania, At 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home