FITS AND STARTS

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sloooooowly getting there

So just when I thought I'd be rotting away till 6 June, suddenly there a whole lot of things for me to do, places to go and people to see. Today it's the afternoon with Cahyadi, tomorrow I'll be in Epsom, on Saturday Nadia will be in London and we're going to watch Les Miz, Sunday is still rest day, on Monday it's lunch with Lip Sin et al, and then I'll be off to Bristol till Wednesday to see June. After all that, my remaining days here will be left strictly for packing... unless June follows me back to London (hint hint)...

I watched the Da Vinci code last night. Eugene thought it made a complete mockery of God. I thought he was being narrow; it's only a movie anyway. Honestly though, I don't think it's within human ability to decide which versions of the God we believe in is right or wrong. Who's to say the story hasn't been distorted through the times and that we aren't actually living through "the greatest cover up in history" as per Dan Brown? I think our view of God is partly influenced by the type of person we are. The extent of how pure and righteous He is to us will depend on how we filter out whatever values that we want or don't want to see in Him, according to our own moral principles. One of the characters said that as long as there is one God, there will continue to be blood shed. That statement kinda struck me. Each act of bloodshed is only discriminated by language; (holy) war, suicide or sacrifice. Their purposes are the same, but men constantly bicker over which act to condone and which not to. I think we only waste time with superfluous talk. Judgment Day will determine who goes to heaven and who doesn't, and we should just use whatever earthly time we have to carry out the lives He gave us and hope that what we're doing fits into His good books.

I'm listening to Prince's The Most Beautiful Girl In The World and I just realised that when he sings the line "And when the night falls before that day I will cry tears of joy" you can hear sound effects of sploshing water right after "tears of joy". And you can hear shooting stars in the background where he starts speaking about stars falling from the sky. Huhuhu. It's kinda corny, even for such a great song.

1 Comments:

  • Well said.. I totally agree with you in this case.. On a happier note, my last paper is in 12 hours time.. can hardly wait for my hols.. hope to see ya soon!

    By Blogger toi toi, At 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home