FITS AND STARTS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Stepping out

Phew~ interview period is ovahhh! On Monday and Tuesday I attended job interviews with 2 law firms (the third firm I applied to has yet to set an interview date with me so I think I will just have to let it go). They both gave me the green light and now all that's left for me to do is to make a choice. Soon it will be sayonara my student/jobless bum days... I shall miss you but we all need to grow up don't we?

I also have to think about when I want to start work. One firm is letting me start as soon as next week, but I'm wondering whether I should defer it to next month so that I can do just a little bit more work on my LLM? I am a tad worried about how work is going to affect writing my thesis, but my cute mum says I just have to be consistent and do a little everyday and before I know it that 15-20k word mark will be met. Sounds easy right? But it is not! I realise of late that I am having mucho trouble reading articles off my laptop. If I spend long hours reading off the screen, I tend to get tired faster and sleep extra long at night. I've already reduced the brightness of the screen but it hasn't made much of a difference. HOWWW LAAHH.

Later this evening I am gonna go shopping with my mum for work clothes. Whee, so exciting! I gave away alot of clothes recently cos I felt that they didn't work with my new "yuppie-to-be" image. Haha! I wonder if it's considered unprofessional in the legal world to blog about your life? I've read loads of magazine entries that tell you to be a little wary about how much you share and the things you say cos you never know when your boss might stumble upon your blog. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I'm just happy I get to go shopping later and not pay out of my own pocket (YET)!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • that's why an anonymous blog rocks! hohoho...

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:24 PM  

  • oh very good so which firm will you go to? print the articles off (for free at work), much easier to read and compile

    By Blogger ming, At 12:01 PM  

  • aih i still think u chose the wrong firm lol

    By Blogger speed_tck, At 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home