FITS AND STARTS

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Can't stand lizards

They are

creepy
(beady eyes that look like they're about to pop),
disgusting
(vomit-coloured skin, long wiggly tail),
dirty
(stain walls with their crap),
noisy
(those 'tskk tskk tskk' noises they make, gah),
and plain inconsiderate (hiding in random corners like behind the dustbin so when i pop the lid open it dashes out and gives me a heart attack)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toads are gross looking too, but I'll have toads in my house any day rather than lizards. Cos toads eat flies (another annoying creature), they stay outdoors and out of sight, and they're slow moving so you don't have to worry about one jumping out at you in the dark and scaring you half to death.

Anyway, sorry about the long break from blogging. As soon as my exams were over, I had to pack up all my belongings to ship back to Msia, and then as soon as I landed in KL it was here and there with friends and family, and then Eugene + family came to KL, and then I went to Brunei + Singapore for 2 weeks... but now I'm back! And spring cleaning! I didn't actually plan to clean this much, but it so happened that I got a new desk and chair (the leather and swivel-type wahoo) from Ikea. My old desk is cluttered with books and random junk so I have to sort that out before setting up my new desk. I wanted to shift the books to the bookroom but there's no space. So I have to clean up the bookroom. My new desk is also bigger and longer than the old desk, so I have to move the cabinet next to the old desk to another location. But the cabinet is filled with clothes and random junk so I have to sort that out as well. I wanted to put the clothes in the cupboard, but again no space! So I have to clean up the cupboard. It doesn't stop there, cos my grandma has moved into the little room downstairs so I also have to help her clean the room and rearrange her stuff. As you can tell, I am having a productive holiday.

On Sunday night, I was happily munching on some bak kwa when I heard this funny clink sound on my chair, as if something had dropped on it. I didn't think much of it cos I was engrossed in a hilarious chapter of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. When I finished my bak kwa I looked down at the chair and this is what I saw -

[ooops i just remembered that i threw my tooth away.]

But yes, my filling (re broken front teeth from gokarting accident) dropped out! Luckily my dad managed to book me an appointment with Dr Ng the next day. I must say, going to the dentist's is quite an unpleasant experience. The bright lights, masks and funky headgear, random apparatuses stuck into your mouth, the screeeeeeeee sound of the drill... very goosebump inducing.

Went out for dinner after that with Nad, Toi, Dian, Phing and Cheah. Reunion! Ah, it's been a while since all of us were together.

"Are you sure your finger tastes good Cheah?"

"Hooo, and then what happened?"

"Tchh, no lah I don't think that's how the story goes"

Dian's having mee soto ayam if I recall correctly

*sniff sniff* Milk or santan?

Kopi Ipoh

Someone's telling another interesting story

Smileeeeeeeee

Strike a poseeeeeeeeee

Cheeeseeeeee

Phing's toink toink face

Cheah Suan Ee, long time no see

Guess who?

Nad testing out her souvenir from Vietnam

But name of the clinic not included?

One more shot of HRH Dr Fateh's MC, with the sambal

2 Comments:

  • See, but toads are like the slow Aussie flies. They won't jump out at you suddenly, but they'll prod you, and they're not like lizards where you just clap your hands and they scuttle away; the toad's probably just going to sit there and stare, and maybe puff up crossly (like the toad in the picture I sent you)

    By Blogger Ennie, At 8:54 PM  

  • it's ok, they're cute. totally ugly, nonetheless adorable in a warty kind of way.

    By Blogger Xian, At 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home