FITS AND STARTS

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things are looking up

It's 3.53 am and I'm still awake, chatting to Dian about our great Euro trip, weddings and boys. In fact, Zuhi's just popped into the living room. She's leaving me for a two-day trip to Paris with Arisa. Sob!

I had a really long phone conversation with June two days ago. It felt good, since we haven't spoken since she left London, and on a bad note too. I guess she confirmed what I've been feeling all this while - that I'm stifled by my current set of friends. Perhaps we see each other too much too often that there's ample room for petty squabbles and negative emotions. It's hard to change your routine though, when you're so used to seeing these people on a daily basis. I'm taking little steps to expand though. This past two weeks, I've been catching up with the friends I've missed out on for a while now (Cahyadi and Joey); and I've plans to meet up with Deb, Fauz and Mei some time soon. It's good to see some new (but old) faces every now and then because at the end of the day I come home feeling happy as a lark and more appreciative of my little bunch.

I had the longest day yesterday. I woke up at 12, showered and went to school to pick Zuhi up so we could go to Tooting together to see Nadia. Tooting is like Little India - all the restaurants are Indian, all the shops are Indian and most of the people on the street are Indian. We had lunch at an Indian restaurant, bought sweeties at an Indian dessert store, then whooshed off to the house where Nad's living. She's got a lovely room up in the attic. The room has two slanted windows which are perfect for stargazing and musing over random thoughts. We left at about 6 pm and I went straight to Paddington for B-Night rehearsals. Eugene's cousin Amanda was in town that day so we went to Garfunkel's after practice for a drink. We left by about midnight and I got home and did all my online shit... up till now. I'm still doing my online shit, looking for cheap flights to Barcelona for Nad's, Zuhi's and my Easter break.

Okay you guys are going to puke on all the love I have for my nephew, but this just in: new photos, courtesy of his daddy. Heeheeheehee.


1 Comments:

  • aren't you obsessed with the lil kiddo already by now? haha..look at him, definately not camera friendly. Tsk tsk.

    Eh what is this, I never saw that 9th feb entry posted all this time, suddenly emerged out of no where. Haha, funny enough it was on my mum's bday too.

    It's always fun to catch up news with friends you should've spent more time with. Suddenly the world makes more sense. It's like inhaling fresh air all over again :)

    People are fun! Well the ones you have chemistry that is.

    And somehow I think we'll have alot to do with that Little India Tooting of Nad once we visit her place this summer. O-O more indian food for us then?

    I want time to fly extra extra quick now :D

    By Blogger dania, At 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home