FITS AND STARTS

Sunday, January 29, 2006

GONG XI FA CAI!

Cahyadi, Suan, Joey, Gary and I went to the Mayflower restaurant in Chinatown for dinner yesterday. We were seated by 5.30 pm and we were pretty lucky to get a table because from 6 pm onwards, there was a consistent queue outside the restaurant. We ordered eel fried in honey (the restaurant's specialty), stewed pork belly with yam, Ma Po taufu, steamed chicken with Chinese mushrooms, and young bamboo shoots with minced meat. The bill came up to £55 i.e. £11 per pax. I think it was worth every pound I paid because the food was REALLY good. After dinner we went to Joey's place in Holborn - Suan left for badminton with the boys and Zhi Hui joined us a couple of hours later - and we hung out and played cards till about midnight. It was the most relaxed day out I had. When we were playing chor tai ti, I realised that even though we were keeping score I didn't mind losing because the others weren't sour when they lost. And I told Eugene and Azlan later - I'm only competitive around them and Lil because they can't stand to lose. Eugene especially, because to him losing is like dying. Snigger. And my mum used to tell me to be careful who I make friends with because the people you hang out will affect the way you behave :p

We were supposed to have dim sum this morning but I guess we all couldn't wake up. I stayed in today. One, because by the time I woke up it was already late in the evening, and two, I didn't want to go to Chinatown and get caught up in the CNY mob. Last year we were in that area and there was no way at all that you could dodge the masses. Any store remotely Chinese was flooded with people and it didn't help that there was also a lion dance procession in the streets. My mum SMSed to say that the only angpows I got this year was from her and my dad, and that it was more than enough anyway o_O

Aiman was over earlier and we played Taboo. Lil and I won against him and Chun How (ho yeeeaaahhh!!!). Zhi Hui was just floating in and out between teams. We cooked beef with ginger and spring onions for dinner. It wasn't too bad, for a first try. But I think we'll put in more ginger next time. After Taboo, I went to Art Cafe for coffee with Ifham, Azlan, Azim and Eugene. As a matter of fact, I just got home. And I'm going to watch Dodgeball now. Love that movie. Thumbs up to Ben Stiller man. "Okay, Mr. Jokey. Joker. Jokemaker" and "White. W-H-I-T-............. E." He gets me in stitches all the time.

Here's wishing everyone a prosperous year ahead! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home