FITS AND STARTS

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

17 days to go

Brunei Night is getting closer and closer everyday. I'm not feeling the panic, although everyone else is, but I think it's because I'm Malaysian and we're all inherently last-minute. Rest assured, three days before the big day, I'll be far from cucumber-cool and collected.

Much has happened in the past week, which is perhaps why I haven't been blogging too often. Sometimes it's difficult to describe the events that happen over here because some of them are inextricably delicate, and you never know who else reads your blog. Anyhoo, getting back to Brunei Night rehearsals - the boogie is looking good (except for a few shaky bits during the jive), the R&B is almost complete (we're supposed to finish it up today), we have yet to start the traditional dance... and as for Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal... it's probably the best number by far. Me, Azlan, Eugene and Chun How are dancing to that (heehee), as well as 7 other Bruneians. It's sooooo cool! If I could get my hands on the video we recorded and post it up here, I would, but then I'm terribly inept at computer related activities. To be honest, I really miss the stage. The thrill of delivery with numerous pairs of eyes on you is still there. And despite the years, it's funny how my face still turns bright red even though I have no qualms about performing.

I've been listening to Michael Jackson tunes of late. It's like I have this MJ-shaped vaccuum in me and I'm just taking my time now filling it up because I was never really part of the hype back then. His songs are maha addictive; once you start you can't stop. The beats just keep on drumming in your head and they get you tapping your feet and moving your body and all you want to do is dance like him! I think I finally realise why Eugene and Jasmine are totally nuts about him :p

Annie are you OK, so Annie are you OK, are you OK Annie?

With songs like that to shuffle your day along, I think I'll be fine. I just don't know it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home