FITS AND STARTS

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HELLO I'M BACK

Wahhh, summer has come and gone and even though I only ventured out of KL on two occasions, I feel like my break was well-spent (contrary to my whining about wanting to go on holidays to Bangkok, Singapore, etc). I needed this holiday. AND I REALLY NEED ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!

To be honest it's not all that bad. I just haven't taken my party hat off yet. Yesterday I started the BVC (Bar Vocational Course) at City Law School. The student composition is diverse - for starters, I have met 5 Malaysians (ie. myself included, that's a total of 6, and it's already twice the number of Msians in my class of '08) and I hear there are more. The Indians are a rowdy bunch. Rowdy because they were yelling out all the answers in today's Legal Research discussion. They are bright, and they read at amazing speeds. There is also a substantial number of African-Americans and Middle Easterners. During my time at UCL, the faces in my Law faculty were predominantly white with a smattering of yellow, and an even smaller number of dark ones.

My resolutions for this year are:
1) Devote more time to spiritual needs
2) Study harder
3) Be more patient with certain people
4) Read more non-law-related texts
5) Get out of The Black Hole
6) SPEND LESS MONEY

It is THAT difficult. The high street is full of wonderful things; now that the transition to fall is starting all the summer items are on sale! My mum has also said that whatever money I save will be her present to me when I start working. That's putting even more pressure on me to save! I don't want to be penniless when I finish at the Bar. Come to think of it, I'm not even spending like water. I'm already living less comfortably than most people I know, and I try to eat in every day except for the weekends. BUT. That's not the problem. The problem is shopping. The average price of a high street blouse is in the region of GBP25. Bags, skirts and pants are more expensive. Accessories, usually less than GBP10. So if I buy two tops, one bag and a couple of accessories, that can easily set me back by GBP100, and that's already a quarter of my supposed monthly allowance! If I spend GBP50 a week on groceries, that's already GBP200 for a month! Then if I eat out every weekend (one meal per day), and assuming I spend about GBP10 per meal, that's already GBP80 for the month!!! I gotta give offering in church some more!!!! HOW TO SAVE?!?!?! Kesimpulannya, I have to do away with shopping. Yes that must be the solution.

Tomorrow I have a day off. Many things to do - gotta cancel phone contract, join gym, open fixed deposit, and other grown-up stuff. Nyehnyehnyeh. Mmm I'll go sleep now and dream of beautiful Bukit Tabur.

So pretty the view right?

A contented MF prepares to fall asleep

Then wakes up later to pose for a picture

So this is what it means to have the world at your feet

With two good friends by your side

3 Comments:

  • no shopping?

    :p

    anyways, great pics on the 'pa san'...

    By Blogger funĀ², At 11:51 AM  

  • haha i meant no shopping until you come back! ;););)

    By Blogger Xian, At 1:09 PM  

  • looking at the pics make me nostalgic la...

    u blog alot hor since u got back to london. good! :) good to pop online too!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home