FITS AND STARTS

Friday, April 11, 2008

Long rant

Hellooooooo I'm back after a long no-mood-to-blog spell. Last week I went back to Croydon to get a reference from my former tutor. The journey was significant for two reasons:

1) I met George and fell head over heels in love

George is the handsomest male specimen I've ever seen. He has milky white skin, a squished, pudgy face with such curious expressive eyes. He was on the train with me, looking bored as people got on and off. Occasionally his eyes would light up whenever he heard an interesting noise. Everyone who walked past him couldn't stop ogling. His friend Logan was quite good-looking but nowhere near the likes of Gorgeous George. The lady sitting next to George kept telling him how beautiful he was. He seemed disinterested at first (because he probably gets compliments and chicks attempting to pick him up everywhere he goes) but as soon as she started caressing him his whole face changed. He looked deep into her eyes and gave her a cheeky grin of approval.

George-lookalike

The only difference is that George had a more deep-set chest. When him and Logan stepped off the train (with their mistress la, who did you think was looking after them) they were like celebrities I tell you. They cantered through the train station, heads held high and with an aura of smugness/confidence, attracting scores and scores of admiring watchers. Wahhh. I want a white boxer!!!!!!

Okay fine Pepper and Summer are the best, the cutest, bla bla bla........

2) This is the first time I've been back to Croydon since finishing my A-Levels in 2004

It was quite an emotional trip. I realise how much I love the compactness of Croydon. The scenery is pretty and the atmosphere is relaxed and homey. It's not like London where everyone does things with a sense of urgency, the streets are never empty, the stone buildings too austere, nobody speaks English anymore and then there is the horsedung beginning with the letter W that is every Brit's favourite topic.

Anyway, I was on the train listening to my iPod and the further away we moved from London the more this ache started to burgeon in my heart. I don't really know what it was. By the time I got off at East Croydon station and I was walking up the platform to the entrance hall there was a mixture of feelings tugging at my insides. See, my 17/18-year-old years were my watershed period, although I don't think I realised it until after it was over hehe. I discovered a lot of new things about myself and other people, and forged some of my closest bonds there. The walk from the station to school was long, and it was like an emo scene out of a movie. The lead is walking through a beautiful park, yellow dandelions adorning her path. Somewhere out there someone presses the Play button on a CD player and an awesome mellow tune starts floating out the speakers. It's loud enough for everyone to hear, yet they appear oblivious to it. Some of the trees are in full bloom, others have buds that are only just creeping out to greet the spring weather. The lead has got a doozy smile on her face. The kids playing basketball in the court remind her of so much. She looks out far past the roads, fast forwarding through the map in her mind, remembering the home she lived in, the friends' homes she 'lived' in and all the noise they made. Okay okay enough. I'll say this - I am a BAAADDD writer.

I was quite nervous to meet Mr. Norman at first cos I have never really spoken to him as someone other than my teacher (so our conversations always revolve around work and law-related issues)... also I was abit paiseh la... haven't contacted him since A-Levels then suddenly one day out of the blue I'm like, hello sir I need help with some applications. Well I ended up saying some incomprehensible things here and there (ohmygoodness when you're nervous the tongue is just this blob in your mouth that won't move) but I made it through the fire wahahahha! And when he took me to meet all my former tutors I started to relax a little bit more and by the time I got to Mrs. Woods my jaws were hurting from smiling so much. Sigh. And seeing Mrs. Eyers really made my day. She was probably the teacher I felt most comfortable being chummy with, and I had so much fun in her Maths classes. I kinda wished Cahyadi was there with me though, you know, cos his mouth is bigger than mine so he'll take a bit of the heat off me.

Okay I was just reading through what I just wrote and geez, I can't believe I'm still so socially inept at 21!!! Oh hang on, I just realised that I'm actually 22. Crap I can't even remember my own age. I guess after 20, you just don't really care how old you are. Aish. Mmm yes you probably can't believe that I'm admitting to being socially awkward right? Hah. I guess it just happens every now and then when I meet someone new whom I don't automatically 'click' with and I have nothing much to say to them so I don't even bother with trying to make small talk. That's also partly due to the fact that I'm quite happy with my circle of friends at the moment and sometimes I'm just too lazy to add a new acquaintance to my list especially when I know our conversations are never going to get any deeper than so where do you study, what are your plans after this, etc etc.

On a side note, my mum went back to KL two days ago and I am sad. I HATE EXAMS!!!!!!!!!! Pictures and vids of Eugene's baptism coming soon.

3 Comments:

  • Dunt bi so sad. Ai wil si yu in a munt's taim.

    By Blogger Ennie, At 4:53 AM  

  • did u visit your ex-host Mrs G? ;)

    By Blogger mee siam, At 10:08 PM  

  • HAHA! Actually Miss GlasGAU, I heard that Mrs G doesn't live there anymore... sigh I miss her (NOT).

    By Blogger Xian, At 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home