FITS AND STARTS

Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's all gone Harry Potter

I've never felt more grateful for the weekend. Towards the end of the week I felt like I was just sludging through the motions and losing myself to routine. After class on Friday I went straight home and collapsed, fatigued, on the couch and slept till 5 pm. Tomorrow I have to work on Lil's assignment and the script for B-Nite, as well as prepare for my Criminal tute and Jurisprudence seminar. Then there's the Attica event come Tuesday, the UCLUMS gathering on Wednesday, Zhi Hui's birthday on Thursday which coincides with A Borderline Mixtape's gig, and the ICUBS dinner on Friday. Thank goodness my Property, Public and Contract & Tort tutes were last week.

We watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire today. The movie didn't stay 100% true to the book and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I wasn't too impressed that they'd omitted Dobby and Kramer. And they didn't explain how Harry obtained the Gillyweed, how Ron, Hermione, Cho and Fleur's sister got underwater, and how Profs Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape found Harry with Mad-Eye Moody in the tower. AND I felt that something more should have been done about Ron and Hermione's underlying feelings for each other. But Eugene, Chun How and Lil were able to follow the movie well enough, and they don't read the book series. The highlight of the movie? Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort. His movements are so fluid and fluttery, it's like ballet in motion. Other things to note: Harry has abs! And Cedric Diggory is not that hot. I personally prefer Viktor Krum. He looks a bit puffy in his thick coat and military uniform, but there's one bit where he's jogging by the lake in a singlet and shorts. Oober buff and SO worth the screen time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home