FITS AND STARTS

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The scent of familiarity

Home at last! I slept at 4 am and woke up at 8 am today. Talk about jetlag. The flight was lousy too. I normally don't have any complaints but this time around our flight was delayed by about an hour because of problems with the engine and cargo. Two hours post-takeoff, the air-conditioning decided it would add to the list as well. With all that trouble onboard, you'd think they'd try to make it up to us by getting the luggage out pronto. But noooo, we had to wait and waaaiittt and waaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt. We landed at 7 pm (Msia time) but only left KLIA at 8 pm. And I still have this awful wound from lip waxing to deal with...

BIRTHDAYS!
The December 19 babies:
1) My mum
2) Wei Ning
3) Amily

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday :D

On Friday I told my mum that I'd "changed" my flight to the 19th because of an "assignment" I had to work on so I'd miss her birthday. I only told my sisters that I hadn't really changed my flight, but somehow the news spread to everyone else in the house. Luckily my mum didn't have a clue what was going on and I still managed to surprise her. Coincidentally, Heathrow was offering passengers flying to Malaysia and Singapore 600 euros, a night's stay at a nearby hotel + meals and a free 5 minute phone call to anywhere in the world if you deny your flight and hop on the next morning's plane instead (via Frankfurt). I would've taken up the offer immediately if it weren't for my commitments.

My house is full of people. My aunt, cousin's wife and baby have taken my room so Ming, En and I are camping out in the hall. We're expecting more relatives to arrive over the next few days. Looks like it's going to be a busy busy holiday. But for now, I'm just really glad to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home