FITS AND STARTS

Thursday, November 24, 2005

D-Day

Today was A Borderline Mixtape's first gig at Inverse, King's College London. And it all worked out so well. The set was loud, proud and exhilarating. Ifham, Joey, Lijun and I were up front with the crowd whilst the rest were either standing on chairs or the counter top. The set only featured 4 songs, but after the last song we started chanting, "One more, one more" and the band willingly obliged and performed Hope. I had muchos fun yelling and singing my lungs out but some dude standing behind me outdid me by getting the Seventy Times Seven bit of the Lollipop Boy medley, which I didn't know.

We didn't stay for all the bands, but amongst the 7 or so bands we heard, ABM was my favourite (not one hint of bias here!). My heart was indescribably light the rest of the night. I can't express it in words, but one thing I'm sure of is that I felt really proud of Azlan that day, because he's accomplished something so worthwhile and close to his heart. It was quite touching too, because the three of them have worked their butts off molding the band into what it is now - and this is probably only the start of bigger things to come.

Anyhoo, check out the photos on
http://www.myspace.com/aborderlinemixtape.

I wish you guys could've seen it. You would've loved every second of it, as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home