FITS AND STARTS

Monday, January 02, 2006

The big two-oh

Happy birthday to yours trulyyy~! Thanks to everyone who shared the day with me. I felt extra special... I've to add the 'extra' because I feel special everyday, bwahahahhaha. I got slapped with cream in the afternoon, thanks to Nat who was sullen about the fact that I made her sit through two more rounds of Taboo when she had to go home to study, and ketchup by Yen at night. The ketchup fiasco was terribly unfair because Yen took advantage of a defenseless me who was entertaining a call from June in England. I got some really neat prezzies too - shotglasses from Dian, handmade earrings from Hooi, perfume from Nad and Ee Laine, Body Shop products from Toi, Phing, MF, Siew Wan, Nat and Sookie, more jewellery from Suet Kwan, Ming Li and Yen, and angpows from the family. I'll post some pics up once I get them from the people who're supposed to send them to me.

It feels different now that I'm 20. It's not just the increased first age digit. I think it somewhat carries an awareness that you're almost at the prime of your life, with adulthood pending on the cards. Not a pretty future at all. The past 3 years of my life has taken some unexpected twists and turn, nasty emotions included. I've learned from those experiences, but it's left me rather wary of what adulthood holds. But I realise that the thing I fear most is loneliness, and for that I'm thankful for the abundance of people who stand by me day to day. I take a shitload of pride in calling such people my friends, because with them it's a whole lot easier to withstand any trial. So adulthood might be a murky gray unknown, but I'm prepared for it because I've got people who love and support me and give me immeasureable strength. Muchos gracias bebehs. You all mean so much to me!

Today, I wished for a good year for all my friends. And that when I come back again in the summer, we'll go out and yum cha and eat like pigs and yak about everything and tease each other mercilessly and more importantly, be able to laugh without a care in the world. And I hope it'll continue to be like this even when we're old and graying in our rocking chairs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home