FITS AND STARTS

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I've had it with titling my posts

It's almost 5 am and I'm not asleep yet. Azlan's playing WPT online, Eugene's playing the guitar, Lil is nodding off, Dian is at work and she probably knows this post wasn't really written on the date stated. Heh heh. Okay, so I cheat with my posts, but I just don't want to seem like I'm not constant with the updates. Call me anal but that's how it is.

Some news: I've been fired as the producer of UCL's Malaysian Night. And I am SO angry about the way in which they got about doing it. Like, before I took up the post as director for Imperial College's Brunei Night, I told Eugene I'd run it by UCL's M-Soc first. I did, and Shasa (the M-Night director) and I ended up having a heated discussion about it before the Xmas hols, after which she told me she'd leave me to make my own decision; she didn't mind me being the B-Night director so long as I carried out my responsibilities for M-Night. Then just last week, Amir (our M-Soc president) approached me and told me that the committee didn't like my handling dual roles in two societies because they were afraid of a conflict of interest. He also said that they'd reached a decision: I had to choose between Brunei Soc and M-Soc. I told him I'd give him an answer the next day. I didn't, because I forgot all about it. The weekend flew by and on Monday I received a text from Amir:

"Hey how're you doing? I've spoken to the committee and their sticking with their decision. Oh well, it's their loss right?"

From that one must be stupid not to infer that my post has been released. I mean - what the hell?!?! First you tell me you'll accept that I'm working for two societies, then you tell me I have to choose, THEN without even waiting for my reply you fire me?!?! I am soooo riled up. With their blatant cowardice, with their backbiting, with their unreasonableness. Sigh. Oh well. I'll show them I'm not a bitter lemon and STILL attend M-Night on 23 February. HAH. I'm quite grateful that Amir backed me up. And I appreciate Eugene calling Shasa and trying to work things out with her, even after I specifically told him not to call her. That stubborn idiot.

On the other hand, B-Night is looking really promising. Everyone's so enthusiastic about it and everyone wants to put in their two cents worth. I had a good discussion today with some Bruneian girls who are not too happy about some things in the script and I must say it reminded me of all my girlies back home whom I really miss. I know Dian misses hanging out with me too because she said so in her blog. Heeheeheehee. I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT DIAN THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T KNOW. Here's a hint woman - you told me this when I was at the airport. WAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger dania, At 12:26 PM  

  • bloody woman..

    Hint? What hint? *Looks around*

    On a lighter note, hey I bet there's a good reason you were fired, like some god sent omen waiting for you later on. HAHAHAHHA..BITTER LEMON..I can only imagine.

    Till the next chat, you cheater you! :P

    By Blogger dania, At 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home