FITS AND STARTS

Saturday, January 07, 2006

No. 2

Over Christmas I got to meet my 10-month old nephew for the very first time since he was born. Up till then I'd only received pictures of him. I thought he was cute, but nothing prepared me for the real thing you know? Because Gabriel's not only dazzlingly adorable, but well-mannered too. He's like the most mild-tempered baby I've come across. And I'm not just saying this because we're related, but I really think he's ace. He's bloody active, and you should catch him in one of his singing moods. He just goes "AAAA AAAA AAAA" for 5 minutes and then he'll suddenly snigger to himself with one of my cousin's (his dad) trademark heehee's. He can't speak coherently yet - the only thing he says is "Teteh!" (don't get any ideas you sick people) and some other incomprehensible gurgly words. He can high-5 as well. Really! You just put your hand up in front of him and say, "High five baby!" and he'll stick his hand out to meet yours. I tried to teach him the peace sign but it was too difficult. I tried to teach him to flap his arms and say "RAAAWWRRR!" as well. I got the flapping down but he still can't say rawr. He'll be moving to Tasmania some time in February. Sigh. Usually I'm not a sucker for babies, but there's just something overtly irresistable about this one. Melt!


1 Comments:

  • Aren't all babies..irresistable? But Gabriel's is soooo cute :)

    Altho teaching him to flap his arms and say Rawwwwr really doesn't make any sense..I mean..flapping arms would relate to chicken or anything with wings, and rawwwrrrr relates to something like..edgy scary expression. So when you put two and two together..it seems .. odd.

    ;)

    By Blogger dania, At 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home