FITS AND STARTS

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Meanderings

It is ironic that a disproportionately large percentage of my closest kaki happens to be the friends I made in CBN. When my mum wanted to move me out of Sri Cempaka, I threw a brat fuss, locked myself in the bathroom and refused to speak to my parents. I can reminisce now and laugh at my childishness, because I am truly grateful to have met these girls. Some people maintain a cynical, somewhat aloof view on friendships, dismissing them as follies of youth and that "at the end of the day, the ones who will remain by your side are your family members." But I have so much faith and trust in the ones whom I refer to above, and I don't think I have ever been let down by them.

The sanctity of these friendships did not hit me until I left my CBN shelter, and I have had the "privilege" to get to know some bastards dubious characters over the past few years. I think I make acquaintances without being effectively judgmental, but that only makes any subsequent hurt and disappointment so much more acute when the selfishness and inconsideration of my so-called friends become apparent. But then again, perhaps I am too liberal with my use of the word friend...

Ok emoness off. Wahh! 9 months more and I'll have a degree to my name. My office slate will read

Ong Doen Xian, LL.B (London).

then the year after

Ong Doen Xian,
LL.B (London),
Barrister (Lincoln's Inn).

and maybe if I feel like it

Ong Doen Xian,
LL.B (London),
Barrister (Lincoln's Inn),
LL.M (Oxon).

HOHOHOHOHO. Better make good use of my time abroad.

7 Comments:

  • I like

    Dian Azura
    Beach Bum

    hahaha..but that would obviously make me the world's slacker.

    Sunday 11am made me realised you're no more around. Like around around to bug or ask to makan. Hahaha..it feels weird at first because you've been here for like what? 4 months? God. That's 1/4 of the year!

    Now, better make the most of your next long holidays before you sign your life to being the career woman.

    By Blogger dania, At 3:18 AM  

  • Oxford has a very un-pretty Latin name. Dontchootink? Oxon sounds like some sort of dermal medication....

    By Blogger Ennie, At 4:49 AM  

  • haha...i can just feel u complimenting me. nevermind that mine's actually just a fraction. =P hehe. missing u dy...ur car, ur driving, ur dogs, ur company, ur smses...basically, just u la! =) looking forward to ur return 3 mths later. dun sink into black hole for now, k. =P

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:54 AM  

  • sob SOBBB SOB sob...

    By Blogger zoemusic, At 4:06 PM  

  • HAHAHHA. MONKEY!!! You actually read my blog. Why never drop comments until now man. Too busy climbing trees as usual...

    The rest of yous, I really miss you guys la (MF, fraction or not, missing you is still good enough!). It's quite boring here in UK especially since school hasn't started and I have nothing to do everyday except cook, clean and read.

    Dian >> I like Beach Bum. Sounds very chilled. Omg, ppl are using the word CHILLAX here too! It's disgusting.

    En >> Cambridge's one is CANTAB. Hahaha. Even funnier than OXON right.

    By Blogger Xian, At 9:32 PM  

  • 9 months ain't too long. are you staying on or returning to KL??

    By Blogger hooi, At 3:54 AM  

  • Will probably stay on for my Bar, then figure out what to do after that! If I can get a pupillage and subsequently a placement in some chamber, then I guess I'll work here for awhile. If not then go back to Msia lo...

    By Blogger Xian, At 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home