FITS AND STARTS

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thank you

When I reflect on my spiritual life, I believe God was always by my side no matter how far I ran from Him sometimes. One of the more nagging questions I had concerned God's influence in my life. Jesus taught practical values, but so did my parents. Wouldn't I have turned out the same way even without being a Christian? But just the other day the answer flashed in front of me. To begin with, I wouldn't exist if God hadn't decided to create. And my parents - I saw in them their dedication to the church, their loyalty to each other and to their family, the way they raised us - they were the "signs" that I constantly asked God for, as proof of His existence. My parents are the biggest influences in my life, and all the things they taught me they learned from God, which explained why some of the lessons ingrained in me were reflective of His teachings. My friends, who taught me what is probably the most important rule of survival - "crappiness", because out of crap there's always happiness! It makes more sense to laugh off the sad things or forget it all with movies, food and company, instead of brooding cos miracles don't happen that easily. Real time isn't going to stop and cry with you on account of your errors. My family, my friends, even my kawaii doggies; my greatest teachers who fostered all the love in my heart. What blessings given to me! I must say I felt quite stupid upon realising that I had the answers all along; as usual lah, I was just asking for more, something more grandiose like a "Hi Xian" out of the blue or a letter ending with a mysterious golden signature or perhaps even getting saved from death. And I felt fuller, a little more complete, understanding that it was God from whom all things stemmed, and all that love that through others was poured into me, I now want to give back to Him. Because I owe it to God, you know?

2 Comments:

  • wah...i remember you asking me the same question few yrs back. i'm glad u finally found ur answer. btw, crap rocks!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger ming, At 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home