FITS AND STARTS

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

They're all bigots

Watching the first few minutes of Ahmad Ismail's Q&A session with reporters was enough to make me hurl. If someone wants to make a Diehard V, please take a good look at our government. The way he spoke, no remorse at all. Hey everyone I just got suspended, but it's no problem at all cos noway jose I make no mistakes! I'll tell you what's more important instead, my comeback in UMNO! The people standing behind him, WHY ARE THEY CLAPPING? Your bosses have expressed their anger and regret, there is fire from all around, for the sake of a political entity that demands more than your own needs, how dare you not apologize? Why you so like that.

It is sad that Zaid Ibrahim has resigned. Six months man! The Opposition's spunk is admirable. Studying law at UCL, there was many a time when I wanted to kick out in frustration because I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know I wanted to be a lawyer, but sometimes you lose yourself along the way when the path ahead of you forks in all directions but never consolidates into a single highway. Political motives aside, perhaps some day I may be able to attain the level of courage and fortitude shown by many of these men and women on a road littered with a potholes, breaks in the tarmac, RM50 police officers and ISA arrests. Malaysia is a farce of a democracy. There will never be progress without the dissolve of racial discrimination. The Chinese, Indians and those whom you label Dan Lain-lain aren't pressing for power, we just want to be on equal footing. Is that too much to concede? Your stubborness only displays your own selfish agenda and a desperate attempt to cling on to every last illusory strand of power.

7 Comments:

  • Hallo, I've said this before, but it's probably even more true now: I sokong your lawyering, and hopefully, engagement in politics. If you need administrative assistance, I can help!

    By Blogger Amy Koid, At 4:16 PM  

  • Yay I now have two people to be my PAs! Thanks Amy :)

    By Blogger Xian, At 7:08 PM  

  • Eh? Who is the other person? Erm, I'll be something else instead. Political secretary, ala Edward Ling? Would you run with existing party or diri sendiri (can run independently in M'sia?)?

    By Blogger Amy Koid, At 11:10 PM  

  • Ming Foong is the other option! Eh ah actually I wanna be a lawyer first and foremost. Haven't been thinking about the political arena for awhile now :p Mm yes can run sendiri if I'm not mistaken. I've seen candidates with (IND) -for Independent I guess- next to their names.

    By Blogger Xian, At 1:05 PM  

  • Wohohoho very good very good just don't end up in jail yah

    By Blogger Ennie, At 12:59 AM  

  • You'll be uber rich right so lu can bail me out.

    By Blogger Xian, At 9:10 PM  

  • i'm is your PA in line la...if u ever need one. Amy shud be the other option! ish... ya, u guys go for it la, political scene. i support!

    i've heard views from someone (surprisingly a chinese) that it is ok for d Bumis to retain/defend their privileges cuz it is their land initially n they were here first. in d same way, no way that d china govt now will give equal standing to other races. hmm...

    i dun think i agree...i think rights shud b given according to citizenship, both for msia n china n wherever. i guess when we're lost looking for d ideal model for d world (even if it's just in our head) it gives me comfort to think of how God modeled citizenship in heaven.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home