FITS AND STARTS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whoopee!

I am surprised by how much I am enjoying the BVC. The course is highly demanding in terms of the workload, but I actually like what I'm learning. Maybe it's cos I've made some good friends, maybe it's cos I understand the course content since I'm forced to prepare before every class (which makes me wonder if I would have enjoyed my LLB more if I hadn't put off schoolwork till the 11th hour), maybe it's cos I get to sleep in cos the bulk of my classes start after noon... whatever it is, I can't put my finger on it.

The syllabus is very interesting. For the LLB, we have to learn a whole load of theory in various areas of law. But for the BVC we get to apply those theories to real situations. It's very 'hands-on', in the sense that you learn by doing and if you don't do, you die. So far I've learned how to make a bail application and present it in front of a 'magistrate' (my tutor lah) and I've also written my very first opinion! Ahh 30 years down the road when I'm adept at all this stuff I shall read over aforementioned opinion and have a good laugh.

The intake for the BVC this year is about 300-400. Since the lecture theatre isn't big enough to accommodate the lot of us, we're split into 3 cohorts and each will take their lectures at different times. There are loads of Malaysians in my cohort! Okay, to say 'loads' is relative. I think there are approximately 15 of us, and that's almost 4 times the number in my LLB graduating class. OH AND I'M OFF EVERY WEDNESDAY! It's nice to have a break in the middle of the week cos classes suck me dry of energy and it's nice to go home on Tuesday knowing that you can rest abit the following day before hitting the books again. Although, I hear that our timetables change every term so next term Wednesday might not be my free day anymore. But whatever, beggars can't be choosers and I'm happy enough that we get one day off heeheehee.

Ok my pizza is here and I'm gonna enjoy my dinner over Gossip Girl season 2 episode 4 so here are a couple of photos from my graduation... oh yeah who watches GG as well? It's sooo lame but it's totally addictive isn't it?!??

Adios UCL~~~

2 Comments:

  • hey...soubds like you're having fun studying. i wanna study again n hv days off in the middle of the week too!!

    btw..i only just started watching GG season 1. it's rather addictive...

    By Blogger hooi, At 6:11 AM  

  • waaaaaa look at picture number 5. daaaamn hot.

    By Blogger Suan, At 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home