FITS AND STARTS

Friday, December 12, 2008

PEEP PEEP

Fuwaaaaaaahhh it's been awhile. The reason why I decided not to be lazy today and do some blogdating (blog+updating, am I a genius or what) is cos I have pictures! Oklah, I only have four pictures but so what better than none. Me and PF went shopping today... well SHE went shopping cos I bought nothing! Actually I would have bought something if she hadn't said hey I wanna give you a Xmas plus birthday present so pick what you want and I'll pay *TQPF!*. We ended the day with yum cha at Cha Cha Moon, this quirky little HK establishment where every dish is GBP 3.50! The downside is that they only serve noodles for main dishes and the portions are kinda small but at least their Hokkien Mee is mildly remniscent of home. SO...


As you can see from the last picture, wu tau kou and chai tau kueh have been given fancy new monikers. These Hongkies. The taro cake is not bad, although a little wet for my liking, but the mooli (funky name for radish) is sweeter than what I'm used to. In any case, when you're 10,000 miles away from home you can't exactly complain right? PF came to my house two days ago as well and cooked bak kut teh. Too bad my usual bak kut teh partner wasn't around. Miss you la MF :(

I was just thinking about my dream job the other day and I can't decide whether it is to be a matchmaker, love advice counsellor, or Marni fashion assistant with 80% employee perks! I am in love with Marni bags lah.

**I, Ong Doen Xian, solemnly swear on my first paycheck that with it, I will buy me a Marni bag**

Went to Liberty with Andrea yesterday and I saw all the beautiful Marni bags there. I am so jealous of all these rich mak datins who don't have to do anything for their money and they can buy all these lush bags. I need a very very wealthy benefactor! If only it were true that you could dig around on any patch of land in Brunei and oil will come gushing out...

The Xmas lights are up everywhere and my thoughts are constantly homeward bound. It's sad cos this is my first Xmas away from my family but with the price of airplane tickets these days, it's hard to justify spending two weeks in KL just so I can eat glorious food and spend quality time with the people I miss. I have exams in Jan as well. My first Bar assessment! I am nervous man.

2 Comments:

  • Miss you too!!! At least you have bak kut teh to feel my semi-presence. Hohoho. =P Was just wondering if you'd be back this Xmas. Oh well...distance makes the heart fonder? =P And helps me really think if I wanna save money to fly to UK...

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:28 PM  

  • Hallo, it's only Primark... and I did not say that anything as generous-sounding as that -_-


    MF: You better save up and come soon! or I'll be back there before you know it

    By Blogger funĀ², At 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home